Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Belle Meade Plantation Art Show continued.....





Belle meade Plantation Art show continued…..
Okay…a little departure from the horses for a minute…. “Sunshine Fox” oil, 8x10. This was one of my fox friends that lived outside our fence last year and sometimes would venture out in the full sunlight and lounge around our yard right outside my studio window ! I think this was the split second before he realized that someone was watching. I loved the light on that ochre/orange color coat.

Humans deserve a little attention for Race day and here is a painting entitled “The Starter” 10 x 8 oil. I asked his permission to shoot his picture with the idea that he may wind up in the show this year. His demeanor exuded experience and confidence in the job at hand. The red starting flag rests under his chair as he looked so very calm and relaxed amidst the frenzy of activity all around. I couldn’t help but think that nothing happens on race day without him .

My last selected painting to post here is “Sunshine Numbers Cooling Off “ 9x12 Oil.
Wandering behind the scenes that day I caught a glimpse of Sunshine Numbers having a cooling drench behind the barns. I wanted to capture the water spraying and the reflections on his coat. The fact that it is downright cute that he is catching a few drops to drink was irresistible. I know horses do that all the time but I never get tired of seeing it.
If you have a chance to swing by the show sometime in the month of May, many thanks for your interest. Try to leave time to take a tour of the mansion….. the artwork in there is to die for and as a history lover, it’s my favorite historical site in Nashville….( yes, I admit a prejudice because of it’s thick horsey history ! )
See you at Belle Meade !

No comments: