Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer is Flying By !

Since my last post at the end of April I've been to Alaska with Len and a group of friends, to Delaware to visit family and to Florida for our summer family beach trip ( ahhh..my blood pressure just went down thinking of that one .... :-) ) So....when I stepped foot back in the studio I have been working long hours on some commissions and a very special project that I'll blog about soon.
Recharged and excited about all of my in progress paintings.

 In the meantime,  here are a few shots from Alaska .... an incredibly wild and beautiful place. If it's not on your bucket list, it should be ! The first picture is a view of a glacier while flying into Taku Lake Lodge near Juneau on a float plane.  The next one are some of the incredible sled dogs who were anxious to give us a spin on the training sleds at the summer camp near Skagway.  The Third picture is the black bear visitor who cleans up the good juices in the sand under the big outdoor salmon grill at Taku Lodge.  No he is not tame.  I had a long lens :-). The last shot was a crab from a very fun 3 hour cruise on the Aleutian Ballad in Ketchikan.  Yes, the vessel is retired from the t.v. show "Deadliest Catch"..... I'm thinking this life is much easier demonstrating rather than actually heading out to the Bering Sea!
No wonder the summer is flying by.... back to the easel......






No comments: