Saturday, June 9, 2012

A huge THANKS to everyone that came out to the opening last night at Belle Meade's art gallery. I sure do appreciate the support of each and every one of you who took time out of busy schedules to attend!

I have to share a fun story of what happened in the middle of the evening. Last week I posted the image of the painting titled “Iroquois Rain Gear” which appeared on the show’s postcard invitations that went out to Belle Meade's mailing list. A person who received the card thought she recognized the women and asked her daughter, “Don’t you know these women?” Yes, she did and passed the invitation onto the person in the red dress! So, she in turn decided to gather her two friends and dress in the exact same outfits as they had on at the Steeplechase in 2011, boots and all. We never met each other that rainy day that I snapped the photo reference. Because of the rain I didn't want to make them stop and talk etc...so I had no idea of the identity of my subjects. They arrived as a surprise at the opening last night! And surprise they did.... It was a really fun moment. I can’t stop smiling thinking about it!

 

No comments: