Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Lipizzaner


Here is one of the paintings that I finished over the past months. I've wanted to do this one for a long time so I could take a beautiful horse such as this and play with the light. Of course the stage at the shows have no straw down....but I wanted to imagine this beautiful horse walking across the warm reflected light from the straw and the cooler flood light from above and just go with that imaginary place in this painting.... I imagined the two walking backstage toward the curtains leading to the performance area. Yes, I know that straw all over the floor is probably not reality behind the curtains either....that's where I claim artistic license :-). It's been a year since I saw the Lipizzaner stallions in Nasvhille....waiting patiently for them to come through town again!

No comments: