Thursday, July 24, 2008

Inspired by "Rusty"




From time to time I'd like to post some of my smaller works that I do not post on my main website. These may be studies for larger paintings that work well on their own. The galleries that carry my work also like to have some small pieces available for their buyers. Last year I found that fox subjects really resonated with buyers. I also found out that they are a blast to paint. I mean nature gave them quite a ready to wear outfit! The black , white, grey and rusty red colors are a painting waiting to happen. So, here are two examples of some 5 x 7's. We have a fox that we call "Rusty" who lives and roams around where we live and occasionally I'll get some photos of him for reference. They are certainly fast little buggers and I only see him when the light is not so good, early morning or dusk. They are quick and very alert. I found that sneaking up on a fox is not easy! Anyway, these particular paintings are already sold but I have some fox paintings in progress at the moment for shows and galleries in the fall. All my time is dedicated to a fox hunt commission right now and I'll post that on my main site soon.

No comments: